(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Toy Phones

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 08/09/01
Make that 2 phones (from Sanyo?).
 There are now 2 Global Passport phones being put out
by KDDI. (cdmaOne/AU)

The C412SA and the C111SA.

And the C412SA can do 16 voice chakumelo : )
This new phone can calculate the tip to leave your waiter
when you leave Japan (according to the ad).  And all sorts
of other goodies (according to the ad).

I could have used that in high school before I knew how much
sales tax was. : (

    Note that some features are limited to inside Japan like
EZweb, C mail, KARAOKE, and Packet One.
(for the obvious reasons).

Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:

> >I really wish we had some decent Japanese phones over here. After
> >a trip to Hong Kong and seeing all these tiny clamshell phones worn
> >around the neck like pendants, I'm sure they would sell very well indeed.
>
> What you will have seen in Hong Kong would have been GSM phones - not
> Japanese phones as they don't work in Hong Kong.
>
> Having said that, there are a very few Japanese GSM phones for export, but
> not particularly successful, and there is one multi-standard Japanese CDMA
> phone (from Sanyo) that also works with Hong Kong's CDMA and is therefore
> available there. Still, the phones you will have seen in Hong Kong would
> have been GSM phones, mostly of European make.
>
> rgds
> benjamin

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
Paul Bryan Lester
LincMEDIA Inc
Layer-8 Technologies Inc
QA ENGINEER/Programmer etc etc