(keitai-l) Re: Refocusing keitai-l on....well, how about on keitai topics?

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 08/16/01
At 07:04 2001-08-16, Michael Turner wrote:
>This discussion about VoIP/WLAN business models is fascinating (despite my
>own stunningly long, ignorant contributions to it.)  So is this branch
>discussion on WLAN security.
>
>I'm certainly going to start following these topics as a result.
>
>However, there is, AFAIK, no Japanese handset implementing any such scheme.
>To be sure, the Japanese are involved in the budding market for VoIP/WLAN
>telephony, but there isn't much to work with at the moment.

Not yet with WLAN. As I think has been mentioned in this thread or maybe at
another list with selective WLAN obsession, power consumption is an issue.

But there are phones with Bluetooth, mostly outside Japan at this point.
But C413S from Sony for Au has it, and Toshiba have large plans for it in
future phones for Au, including the use for hotspots and possibly also
scatternets (hopping from phone to phone, a physical P2P net).

/g