(keitai-l) Re: Refocusing keitai-l on....well, how about on keitai topics?

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 08/16/01
[me]
> >However, there is, AFAIK, no Japanese handset implementing any such
scheme.
> >To be sure, the Japanese are involved in the budding market for VoIP/WLAN
> >telephony, but there isn't much to work with at the moment.

Gustaf Russell:
> Not yet with WLAN. As I think has been mentioned in this thread or maybe
at
> another list with selective WLAN obsession, power consumption is an issue.

Can you supply a pointer to that list?

> But there are phones with Bluetooth, mostly outside Japan at this point.
> But C413S from Sony for Au has it, and Toshiba have large plans for it in
> future phones for Au, including the use for hotspots and possibly also
> scatternets (hopping from phone to phone, a physical P2P net).

Cool!  Anyone have more information on these phones?  (I do,
but it's in my Nikkei MO-BA-I-RU, two floors up, and I'm
lazier than my cats.)  The C413S is not, if recall, Java-capable....

Keitai-l Archive entries searching on Bluetooth:

  http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2001-05/0210.html
  http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2001-04/0290.html
(among others that are mostly followups or press releases.)

-michael turner
leap@gol.com