(keitai-l) Re: Battery life (and also: Re: Foldable phones)

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/17/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:

> Microcell versus rural infrastructure - particularly deadly for standby time.

Yes, well, but. It seems a little bizarre to put Manhattan and rural
Kansas in the same group. But maybe there's something here I dont't know,
because my standby time in New York sucked pretty badly. (I wouldnt't
even think about buying a phone there without buying a second charger
so I can have one at work and one at home.)

And maybe microcell-type areas have their own problems. In Manhattan
the multipath is so bad that it destroyed even Sprint's CDMA quality,
as well as AT&T's TDMA. Which was why I was so glad to move to Japan
and enjoy Docomo's voice service, which is, well, uh...never mind....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org