(keitai-l) Re: folding phones revisited

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 08/18/01
> Renfield Kuroda wrote:
> >
> > At least in the Japanese market for i-mode, the best-selling phones are
> > NEC's 502 and 503, and Panasonic's 209is and 503is. And now Fujitsu's
> > 503is is also "oritatami" (folding). Similar sales for other operators.
> > Seems folding phones pack a bigger screen into a more compact size and
> > are proving more popular. Size of phones was getting smaller and
> > lighter, and now with data services handsets are getting bigger again.
> >
> > Comments?

Somewhat surprisingly, in a recent sales ranking for the period
July 30 - August 5, 2001, the Panasonic P503i (Quartz-Silver color,
non-folding type, weight 74 grams)  came top in front of the NEC N210i
in various colors, which is a clam-shell folding type.

Surprisingly for me, the N503i is on No. 5 on that list (the ranking
lists the phones separately by colors) - I thought it'll be higher.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/