(keitai-l) Re: thumb RSI unfolding (was: folding phones revisited )

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 08/19/01
Hi,

Michael Turner wrote:
> I'm about to go to a folding phone just so that buttons won't
> be inadvertently pushed when the phone's in my pocket.

On my P503i I just press and hold the nip...<you_know_what>(*) for a few
secs and the push-button problem is gone. And of course it is still possible
to receive calls that way.

But on a related subject, is there anyone out there with thumb-RSI
(repetitive strain injury)? Somehow these days I can't anymore use my right
thumb with the overly pointy <you_know_what> of the P503i: it hurts!

Have fun,
Marc

*) I think there has been previous discussion about the name of this (almost
certainly without broad agreement as far as I know the keitai-l
participants). Perhaps the terminology would be worth an entry in the
keitai-l FAQ...well, perhaps not.