(keitai-l) Re: thumb RSI unfolding (was: folding phones revisited )

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/19/01
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Marc Printz wrote:

> Michael Turner wrote:
> > I'm about to go to a folding phone just so that buttons won't
> > be inadvertently pushed when the phone's in my pocket.
>
> On my P503i I just press and hold the nip...<you_know_what>(*) for a few
> secs and the push-button problem is gone. And of course it is still possible
> to receive calls that way.

Yeah, but you have to hold it for well over a second both to lock and
unlock, and I (since I run on "Internet time") find that rather annoying.
I prefer a flip or at least Sony's method of having a slide switch. (But
of course I don't use a flip due to the size/weight problem.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org