(keitai-l) Re: The Sanyo scp5000, and the eclipse of the palmtop?

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 08/27/01
This is slightly off topic, but.
While reading this post I could not help but think of some of the
potential dangers/problems if all of schedule/information/palmtop
applications
get moved to a mobile phone.   I have not used a palmtop/mobile phone
hybrid,
but I wonder if there is a way to turn off the mobile phone's transmitter.
This would be necessary for using it while on a plane or in a hospital.
Ahh problems that are mostly far in the future.  Of course, there are always
low tech solutions like pen and paper.

Zev