(keitai-l) Re: The Sanyo scp5000, and the eclipse of the palmtop?

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 08/27/01
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Zev Blut wrote:

> While reading this post I could not help but think of some of the
> potential dangers/problems if all of schedule/information/palmtop
> applications
> get moved to a mobile phone.   I have not used a palmtop/mobile phone
> but I wonder if there is a way to turn off the mobile phone's transmitter.

	Atleast Nokia Communicator has this possibility. You can
	use the "computer" part of it with the "phone" part turned
	off. Still, I can see  risks with this. When these devices
	get more common and are used by not so tech savvy marketroids,
	they can accidentaly have the phone part turned on on aeroplane.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/