(keitai-l) Re: lil SOAP lib

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 08/28/01
Hello,

I am sure there are many people interested in such a library,
but at 8.3kb it leaves little room for an i-appli to do much else.
Of course, J-Phone has 30kb for Midlets and KDDI has
50kb for its midlets so those platforms might be able to use
this better.  Did you write the library using DoCoMo's API,
the MIDP or just the CLDC?  If it is just the CLDC then it should
be pretty portable for all of them, then all you have to do is get it
smaller = )

The big question to me though is XML and SOAP really
appropriate at this point in time for mobile devices?  Both
can send lots of data that typical users might not be so
happy to see when they get the bill.
Plus can we write generic enough programs to take advantage of these
protocols, given the size restraints of the mobile phones?

Zev