(keitai-l) Re: The Sanyo scp5000, and the eclipse of the palmtop?

From: Eric Hildum <Eric_Hildum_at_itochu.net>
Date: 08/28/01
Actually, for many of those cases, the transmitter is not the only source of
concern. The radiated signal from the internal clock DRAM refresh and the
like are potential sources of interference, especially if the device has
been physically opened after manufacture for service or upgrade (typically,
the RF shielding is misaligned or damaged enough during service to render it
ineffective).

That is the reason you are asked to turn off even devices that do not
intentionally radiate - like walkmans, computers, PDAs, etc.

--
Eric Hildum