(keitai-l) Re: Network latency when using HTTPConnection

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 08/29/01
> Typical requests and responses will be very small - in
> the order of a single 128 byte packet. My question is,
> when I request a network resource in this way, what
> latency can I expect to see from the iMode network?

the i-mode network has a very dynamic latency depending
on the time of day, the weekday, public holidays, where the
requesting handset is located (don't try it on the Shibuya
crossing) and what more.

But this is not really the problem...the real question
is how good your server is connected to DoCoMo's network.

Sorry we have no actual metrics, but are able to test
this for you.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht [Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc.] http://nooper.com