(keitai-l) Re: Allowed (Keitai) email address characters

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 08/29/01
>     Now I'm poked around the internet a bit into various RFCs
> and mailing groups and such and been thoroughly confused.
> Does anyone know not so much what is allowed but what works
> as an email address?
This is the actual email RFC= RFC2822:
http://rfc.net/rfc2822.html
and obsoletes the most popular RFC822:
http://rfc.net/rfc822.html

But in the meantime...anything goes :)

There are quite a lot of mail servers who work totally
outside the specifications, especially a proprietary program
called "exchange", so you have a good chance that emails
go through, even if they contain illegal characters.

For example you can write to this address: jürgen@nooper.com
(contains a German Umlaut...totally outside all specs) and
it will be delivered.

The ! was meant as a routing separator in ancient times. And
if the / works with J-Phone? No idea, you should change your
email address and add this character to it. If it works, it
works.

Good luck with your regular expressions,

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht [Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc.] http://nooper.com
For a better i-mode experience. NooperLabs: http://nooper.co.jp/labs/