(keitai-l) Re: Unsubsidised Phones

From: David Davies <david_at_intadev.com>
Date: 08/30/01
On Thursday, 30 August 2001 3:42 PM
Nick May writes

>> Now I think about it, I got two of the iAppli phones just after they
came
>> out, unconnected to any carrier, for 70,000 yen total. That's
35,000yen
>> apiece - i assume with not subsidy but I could not guranatee it.

Laox was selling the P503iS (one of the the most expensive phones) just
after it was released for just over 20,000 yen unconnected.

The J-Phone phones are cheaper, even the camera models eg. J-SH07 are
around 20,000.

TuKa phones are even cheaper still.

We used to get all phones direct from DoCoMo until one of our staff
pointed out that it is much cheaper to do it this way, ie but them at an
electronics store and take to the DoCoMo shop to have connected.
If you have a phone already they will transfer your existing number and
let you keep the old phone.

Regards,
David Davies
http://www.intadev.com