(keitai-l) Re: Unsubsidised Phones

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 08/30/01
A note:

    In my experience foraging for stuff (keitais, computers, electronics and
water pipes and tubes, etc) in Akihabara, Laox is usually the
most expensive store of the whole lot.  I tend to usually just stroll by it
and head to SoftMap  or Orecon (and a few others).

    In addition for those people who will now avoid Laox, sometimes the
most expensive store and the cheapest stores swap their prices so always
keep an open mind when shopping.  Its a game of patience and skill to get
the cheapest phones.

    For cheap keitais I recommend Bikku Camera. (not to be found in Akihabara)
I buy ALL of my keitais from Bikku Camera.

    And for cheap keitais I recommend never using a TuKa, DoCoMo or
J-Phone shop, they are almost always the most expensive.

    It is great news to hear that Laox offers something for a reasonable price,
I may try it out next time I get some time to shop.

--
Paul Bryan Lester

personal homepage: http://pbl1.tripod.com/
personal EMAIL: pbl1@cornell.edu