(keitai-l) Re: I just saw the strangest TV ad

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 10/01/01
> >By coincidence, the ad was run during a heart wrenching
> >Sunday evening story about what happens to guide dogs for the blind
> >when they get too old to guide any longer..
>
> Cad! - we are agog - again - so what DOES happen to aging Japanese guide
> dogs. Glue factory? Vivesection? Cat food?
>
> Nick

Taste in advertising doesn't seem to be one of this country's strong points.

Just a day after the WTC crashes, I was watching TV in local yakizakana, and
saw a one-second clip of that second plane slicing into the tower like a
knife through warm butter flash onto the screen, immediately followed by a
shot of dozens of Japanese businessmen at an outside cafe, flipping open
their laptops and getting the news wirelessly through their Air H" cards.  I
haven't seen this spot since, so I assume it was pulled.

-michael turner
leap@gol.com