(keitai-l) Re: Onboard memory question

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 10/09/01
Thanks Zev, I appreciate you taking time to explain this to me.

Zev Blut wrote:

> You expressed yourself clearly, perhaps I did not make it clear.
> We are talking about the same thing.
> DoCoMo gives you 10kb to store the application code you download.
> It also gives you up to 10kb (although the docs say 5kb) to store
> data such as high scores and such.  It is called the Scratchpad.

Aha.  So this scratchpad then, if my applet writes 10kb of data to it, no other
applet can write data to it?  I'm presuming that the scratchpad area is not
erased inbetween running different applets, if this area is supposed to be used
to store highscores, user names etc.

So does each applet get a permanent 10Kb to use as a scratchpad, or do all the
applets have to share the same 10Kb?

And how stable is the scratchpad?  If I write something there, can I rely on it
being there when the user restarts the same applet a month later?

Thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM