(keitai-l) Ericsson T68 and Trium Eclipse

From: Arjen van Blokland <ab_at_tkk.att.ne.jp>
Date: 10/27/01
Indeed both the Eclipse and T68 devices are quite impressive for the GSM
audience, but do not give the i-mode like experience, yet.

Eclipse has reasonable sound properties (3 tones, very loud) and its
processor speed is faster than the T68.
The T68 has a smaller design.

Fact that the browser crashes sometimes for larger file downloads is NOT
acceptable. In Japan this would result in a recall of the phones if the
problem is in the browser. If the problem is in the quasimode convertor,
the product must be renamed to Quasimodo ;-)
The application server side should check for the device type and
accordingly for the maximum allowable size of the file.

Any news about the Nokia GPRS phone?
The latest Nokia phone in Japan is an OEM by Sanyo. It is a clam shell type
with camera.
Look at homepage of Nokia Japan for some pictures:

http://www.nokia.co.jp/products/nm01/service/what_is.html

Arjen van Blokland
www.104.com