(keitai-l) Re: Screen size comparison chart?

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11/16/01
Hi,

While all that's good to know, I'd like to add that, for non-handset-specific
apps (i-applis in particular), you should use the getWidth() and getHeight()
functions and then do the layout dynamically, if possible.

One other useful metric would be the font sizes supported.  Because on many
handsets there's a difference between what the getDefaultFontSize() returns and
what actually appears on the screen.

I was thinking about making a 'compatibility class' that would provide info to
i-appli and even i-mode designers (on the server side, I guess) about screen X,
Y, maybe color depth, font sizes supported (S, M, L, and fontHeight for each),
i-appli & scratchpad size, and backlight and vibe support.  Email me if you'd
be interested in such a thing.  If there's enough interest, I can get started.

--Jason