(keitai-l) Re: /i directory

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 11/17/01
This often happens when using printed media to publicize the URL, when the
user is supposed to key it in.
I find we have to be very specific on the URL (Best to make it look like a
"typical url. ie. include www.) Even when writing "accessible by i-mode and
j-sky" users still tend to be confused by a short url as the /i/ is typical
in ads.
As more companies start using the shorter .JP domain specially for mobile
users I expect this issue will decline.

In short, do not advertise a /i/ or /j/ but make them anyway with a
re-direction.

PS. Last week I found some people where looking for /wap/ and /vml/
directories in one of our servers, I guess they are looking at the wrong
developer :-)

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/  日本のモバイルシーンを海外に!