(keitai-l) Re: One big family?

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 11/21/01
On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 04:21:12PM +0900, Christian Molstrom wrote:

> > On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:12:54PM +0000, Daniel Helmer wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I think the notion that there is massive incremental revenue in Mobile
> > > Commerce (eg. monetary transactions from people actually buying goods
> > > using their mobile terminal) is basically wrong.
<snip>
> > Right - there's no point in trying to sell things this way that aren't time-
> > and location-critical.  However, that leaves a fair number of applications
> > like:
> >
> > * getting a taxi
> > * ordering a pizza delivery
> > * booking a cinema ticket
>
> Yeah, but most of us can do all this anyway on the phone without a fancy
> application that will likely be annoying to navigate at first.
<snip>

Sure, but first you have to know the number to call.  If you're in an
unfamiliar location it might be easier to use an application that will
direct your order to a local company or branch, and (in the case of e.g. the
cinema) give you directions to them.  Of course there are directory services
that can provide you with local information, but it seems to me that on-
screen information might be more useful.

--
I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.