(keitai-l) Re: And dat's da twoof (was Re: Re: The truth about mobile data)

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 11/21/01
On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:37:59PM +0900, Michael Turner wrote:

> From: "David Davies" <david@intadev.com>
>
> > While most of us on the list know enough to dismiss these comments as
> > ridiculous, (so much so that they don't justify a response) they do risk
> > getting picked up by the usual entourage of Japan Bashing foreign press,
> > or simply misinforming newcomers to the technology.
>
> While clearly inflammatory in places, Tim's points--those worth addressing,
> anyway--are not so far off the mark that they merit no response whatsoever.
>
> For example: to his claim that many discarded handsets show no evidence
> of browsing or e-mail use, it ought to be pointed out that the discarders
> are a self-selected group to a great extent.
<snip>

Tim was actually talking about handsets that had been traded in for other
DoCoMo handsets, not discarded.  The really light users will presumably hold
on to their handsets rather than trade them in.  (But maybe holding on to a
501 until recently marks one as a light user, anyway - they must be 2 years
old by now!)

--
I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.