(keitai-l) Re: Calling Paint method from Panel

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/26/01
> Yes I am talking abt iApppli .
> there is a paint method in DOJA Api .
> But it is a protected method .Please check the API documentation .
> It is in unofficial_javadoc0.1 for iAppli .
> com.nttdocomo.ui.Frame package .
> I know that from Canvas is required for own painting . But I want to make a
> Label as bold . For that I nee to extend my class from Panel . Is there any
> way to make the Label as a BOLD ?

Which Javadoc are you looking at?  I took a look at the official (albeit
a little old) and unofficial
(http://godwood.allnet.ne.jp/vioret/dojaapi/) and I could see no paint
method in com.nttdocomo.ui.Frame.

I don't think there is anyway to override the functionality of the built
in GUI components.  If you want your own look and feel you're better off
extending Canvas.

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)