(keitai-l) Re: SSL + NTT Gateway (cont.)

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_morganstanley.com>
Date: 11/30/01
A single SSL connection is maintained from the handset to the gateway,
tunnelling directly through DoCoMo's gateway. i-Appli is not necessary; a
regular https connection with a 503 handset with work.
If you hacked DoCoMo's gateway or i-mode infrastructure all you'd see is an
encrypted pipe from the webserver to the handset.
DoCoMo couldn't decrypt and recrypt even if they wanted to as they know nothing
about the bites streaming through their servers.

r en