(keitai-l) Re: Matsushita vs Panasonic...

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 12/17/01
The following Matsushita/Panasonic Jphones exist: J-P03, JP02,, JP01. JP01II, DP-145 and have email.

    I don't have my docs with me to check if they do J-Sky or not.

    Matsushita and Panasonic are the same thing as far as I know.
I applied for a job for them awhiles back and the names appeared to be used interchangeable internally.  In the US more things were called
Panasonic XXXX and in Japan most were called Matsushita XXXX.  There
are smaller companies within Panasonic/Matsuhita which do not change
their names back and forth but only use Matushita (I don't know any who use only Panasonic but....).  Chances are that its different divisions of M/P that work with the different Cell-Phone biggies (DoCoMo, JPhone and AU).

    There are two really old phones for J-Phone by Sony, the J-SY01 and the DP-125 (they also have email).  Looks like you're right about Sony, at least
for now.

    (I'm getting all this info from the neat little doc I got mailed at home to show you how to stop SPAM from reaching your J-Phone, it doesn't list phone capabilities though).

    Sorry this is only a half-answer..... I may be able to drudge up more info at work.

De nada,