(keitai-l) Re: Matsushita vs Panasonic...

From: Jon Anderson <jon_at_dac.co.jp>
Date: 12/17/01
> Does anyone know if Matsushita and Panasonic are the same?
> If the answer is yes, why i-mode phones are branded Matsushita
> and EZ-web and J-sky phones are branded Panasonic?

As some else pointed out, Matsushita is the corporation, their
primary brand names depending on market and product are:
National, Panasonic and Technics.

As to branding of the i-mode phones, I don't believe they are
purposely branding their phones as "Matsushita."  Rather, the
phones are the "i-mode" brand, built by Matsushita.  They
don't use the Matsushita name for products.

Jon