(keitai-l) Re: Failure, schmailure, show me the money! (was Re: failure, succ

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/30/01
I think this 80-20% idea is pretty true. From what I can tell from magazine
surveys, etc. 80% of users do not venture outside the imode menu. And of
the 20% that do, I would guestimate 80% of the traffic is generated by 20%
of this subgroup. Then with another guestimate, 80% of this high traffic
group, goes to 20% (probably less) of unofficial sites.
So in actual figures using the 80/20 rule-
30million imode users, 2000 official sites, 50,000+ unofficial sites
24 million users stay within the official menu, 6 million venture out
4.8 million very active official site users, leaving 15.4 mil moderate /
3.8 mil light/inactive (but still paying the 300yen imode fee).
1.2 million are high traffic, 3.85 moderate, .95 light unofficial users,
visiting 10,000 unofficial sites.

The above is based on my own opinions- use it at your own risk!
Docomo could easily compile real traffic,usage stats, and if anyone has
such info, PLEASE, PLEASE, pass it along.

David M.