(keitai-l) Re: Failure, schmailure, show me the money! (was Re: failure, succ

From: Andrea <anima_at_gmx.de>
Date: 12/30/01
> I think this 80-20% idea is pretty true. From what I can tell from
magazine
> surveys, etc. 80% of users do not venture outside the imode menu.

The stats from NTT Docomo are based on total traffic destination for all
users, and according to their official stats, i-mode related traffic is
distributed as follows:

Access iMenu sites: 23%

Access Voluntary web sites: 28%

Access Mail: 49%

(2nd Quarter of 2001 -- 4/01 - 9/01)
http://www.nttdocomo.com/html/corporate_data2.html

Of course, it may be possible that once some few i-mode users venture
out of the i-mode menu, they then surf soo much to create these 28% of
i-mode traffic, but I doubt it.

Another thought: since a lot of unofficial sites are dating and sex
related (topics that are excluded from the official imenu), I would
assume that people interested in these topics will ALWAYS find out how
to get there, no matter how high the walls.

-Andrea