(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone enters m-payment arena

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 01/14/02
> But I wonder, what's the point? It's not as if my wallet is going
> to be significantly lightened by leaving a credit card at home.
> Let's face it; a piece of plastic is pretty darn "mobile."

Is there anyone working with m-payment through the mobile and bluetooth or
similar local wireless technology?

In principal a BT device in a shop counter/bus/train would be broadcasting
payment request that can be picked up by a near-by mobile phone.  The phone
would ask the user to accept or deny the request and if the response would
be sent back to the device, and charge added to the phone bill.  Obviously
there are a number of open issues but the main advantages would be wireless
operation and ease of use, just press "yes" or "no" to acknowledge the
payment displayed on the mobile screen.

Petri