(keitai-l) Re: Wiring two Foma phones together?

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 01/17/02
Ericsson are building 3G base stations in a shipping container that will be
put on the back of a truck and driven around Europe. Howver the big E not
famous for speed so may be some time before this exists. If you want details
please let me know.

Of course despite the fact that UMTS is a global standard no gaurantee that
any Node B will allow access by any handset. For example I have heard
reliably that test DoCoMo base stations in Europe actively reject non DoCoMo
3G handsets prototypes.

John