(keitai-l) Re: AU/KDDI Phones and headers

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 01/25/02
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, rolf van widenfelt wrote:

> [Explanation of RGB565 and RGB332 deleted.]
>
> although, i shouldn't guess what the UP browser is doing with these,
> generally, this encoding is not visible to the content developer, but
> has implications in how good various kinds of color images will look
> on the display.

You might want to keep several images around in different formats,
and send down the appropriate one based on what the phone reports
to you. Having a lot more processor power, and possibly prior
knowledge of the image, you can probably do a much better job than
the gateway or phone of converting a 24-bit colour image into a
565 or 332 image. You can also send a smaller image for the phones
with lesser capabilities, and save yourself a bit of money on web
traffic.

cjs