(keitai-l) Re: FYI: DoCoMo To Open Up I-Mode Network To Other ISPs In December

From: Donal O'Shea <d_oshea_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 01/25/02
All the COBOL programmiing I suppose!

---DO'S

-----Original Message-----
From: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
[mailto:keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net] On Behalf Of Curt Sampson
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 1:23 AM
To: 'KEITAI-L'
Subject: (keitai-l) Re: FYI: DoCoMo To Open Up I-Mode Network To Other
ISPs In December

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> TOKYO (Nikkei)--NTT DoCoMo Inc. (9437) has decided to open its
i-mode...
> ...spending 7-8 billion yen to develop the exchanger needed for such
> connections. The exchanger is to be installed in December.

Is it just me, or does 7-8 billion yen (getting on towards $60
million) sound a tad expesive for such a thing? Sure, it's not a
hack I could pull off in a week-end or anything like that, and
dealing with billing systems is never cheap, but what on earth can
make it cost so much?

cjs

This mail was sent to address d_oshea@pacbell.net