(keitai-l) Re: keitai with a "tourist visa"

From: Michael Kleinert <showbusiness_at_gmx.net>
Date: 01/28/02
hm, IMHO is a keitai a mobile phone with PDC-system (and CDMA / FOMA
etc. as well) which is totally different to a PHS.
and there are much more "keitais" than PHS which number is constantly
declining.

well, what you normally need in order to get a keitai with NTT Docomo
is the "alien registration card" which you have to apply for when you
are a resident of Japan.

But as I said before it used to be possible to get a keitai with
contract from J-Phone without that card when you pay with your VISA
card (which serves as a guarantee in that case).

And this was the question I was looking an answer for. Is it still possible ?

And is it still possible to quit a contract after 4-6 weeks ? it used
to be no problem with docomo in 1999 and 2000. but maybe they have
changed the terms.

if anyone can bring some light into today's conditions please...

Michael