(keitai-l) One content, one package was: Re: another book about i-mode etc. for tech guys

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/30/02
> This one was, last I looked, available at Kinokuniya.
> I didn't look closely enough to tell whether the package
> described would be subject to Juergen's criticism of one-size-
> fits-all-with-enough-shoe-horning.

I have nothing against a strict separation of content and
presentation, but how good you can do it is a matter of our
target audience. If your audience are "Men who don't make the
decisions", (they even have their own magazine:
http://www.mojosdailygrind.com/news/images/whipped.jpg )
eg, an business application of in-house/in-company usage
than you pretty much can "teach" or "order" them to
use it. Usability is not the keyword here, more the
scare of losing your job if you are too stupid to
understand it.

If your audience is the pretty wild world out there, you
simply should not (nobody ever listens to me anyway) use
the exact same content and logic for all the different
platforms. So don't listen to me and be one of the >90%
of official content providers who make a big red loss.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. Tokyo, Japan
i-mode/FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/