(keitai-l) Re: successful i-appli?

From: Nik Frengle <eseller_at_eimode.com>
Date: 01/30/02
Josh,
I really have no ideas about what others are using, but I have to admit
that games are definitely the thing for me. I live in Tochigi, and it
takes me about two hours to commute to Tokyo. I have a J-Phone with
J-Blend Java on it, and a few of my old favorites--Galaga, Galaxian, Pac
Man, and a few others. For hima-tsubushi (time-killing) on the go, it is
hard to beat a keitai. The evening trains tend to be really packed
leaving Ueno, and I usually either have the choice of waiting about
20-30 minutes for the next one, and getting a seat, or cramming myself
like a sardine into the soon-departing one. If you have ever been on one
of these trains, you know it is hard to even move your arms. But a
thumb? No problem!

I have noticed a drawback to long sessions of Galaga on a cell phone
(besides the usual mind-numbing effects of repetitive shoot and kill
games), which is that the battery life becomes quite short, and the
phone usually needs to get recharged once a day or so. And so my battery
dies and I don't get calls. Hey, what's more important though, using
your phone to save the universe from a pack of amorphous aliens or to
speak with someone on? I vote for saving the universe.
Cheers,
Nik Frengle