(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo in potential partnership with EPlus to launch imode in Germany

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 02/08/02
At 15:12 2002-02-07, you wrote:
>E-Plus will start in March with i-mode, followed by KPN Mobile and KNP
>Orange in April.
>According to Nikkei the following manufacturers will introduce European
>i-mode handsets:
>NEC, Matsushita, Mitsubishi (no surprise among these three), Toshiba (big
>surprise) and Taiwan EMS (huge surprise).

Matsushita is actually a surprise, if somethinh really has been decided
there. Especially after their strange journeys on the browser market with
first their own, and now possibly Nokia's Series60 software (Symbian
based). Another strange browser debacle is how on earth NEC DB700
(non-DoCoMo version) came to get a b/w OpenWave browser. Did DoCoMo
lobotomize them? A real shame on one of the few OK GPRS phones otherwise.

Several Taiwanese manufacturers have been interested in i-mode (or, rather,
they do what they are paid for...). There have been quite decent phones
there for half a year or so. Say after me, OK Wap!

http://www.okwapi108.com.tw/6990/

Toshiba wanted to have a European strategy after the failure in their
co-operation with Siemens.

/g