(keitai-l) Re: Web Payment, by Phone

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/10/02
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, JAPON.NET wrote:

> Vodafone to launch a service enabling customers to use their phones to make
> payments of up to £5 for accessing information on a website.
>
> and a long URL from the slowest server on earth...
> http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT3OKDJ2CXC&liv
> e=true&tagid=FTDDMJNIFEC

This could work quite well. The important point here, I think, is
that Vodaphone already has a billing relationship with the customer,
so the customer doesn't have to do anything extra at the time of
purchase. (No extra registrations or whatnot.) Whether they're
going to like the hassle of dealing with chargebacks is another
matter, of course....

cjs