(keitai-l) Re: i-appli tweaking

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/10/02
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Michael Turner wrote:

> From: "jason pollard" <jasonpollard@yahoo.com>
> > Any of you java blackbelt gurus (and you know who you are) have an opinion
> > on how/if it would be possible to dynamically load and unload i-appli canvas
> > or panel classes in an effort to circumvent the 10K appli size limit?
>
> I'm definitely whitebelt and wannabe, but this strikes me as the kind
> of security hole you could fly a B52 bomber through.  An iAppli seems
> like a virtual ROM cartridge to me.  Very much by design.

Nah, Java is designed to deal with this; that probably where most
of the work went to in the security model. And hell, what's the
difference between downloading a JAR file from a site and executing
the contents, and having that program downloading further code and
executing it? Why do you trust what's in the JAR file in the first
place, but not what it downloads? (Answer: you don't trust either
of them.)

cjs