(keitai-l) Re: XML diversity

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/16/02
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Isamar Maia wrote:

> The main problem faced is to avoid code redundace. To Avoid making one page
> for each celphone's XML standard.
> Did anyone get to work around with it?

I've always maintained that the correct tool for something like
this is Cocoon <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon>. It should not be
rocket science to build a keiti publishing system on top of this
that would let you implement an extremely powerful, versatile and
cheap way of getting content out to phones in a manner appropriate
to each device.

Unfortunately, I've not had time to sit down and play with it enough
to see how much work it would really be to go forward with something
like this. It's probably a solid week of work to map out how to go
forward, and likely 2-4 months of development time to get things
working at a basic level. But once you're at that point, you could
just write up JSP pages and they would automatically reconfigure
themselves to the phone that requests the page.

cjs