(keitai-l) Re: XML diversity

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/16/02
Apache's Cocoon looks like it might be able to do almost
anything in the way of mobile content management, but
after about 1/2 hour of plowing through the rather turgid
philosophizing at

  http://xml.apache.org/cocoon

about Cocoon systems design, I had to stop dead and
laugh at this:

"The following goals were identified as engineering constraints:

    1. minimal verbosity is of maximum importance.
...."

Or, perhaps, as a friend used to say, "if you can't write
something good, write something short."

The architecture has changed a lot since version 1.

Amazon lists a book on Cocoon due out in June 2002.
And a special deal if you buy it with something about
Tomcat and Jakarta.

It might be better to wait until they are calling it "butterfly".
The fully Japan-localized version should, of course, be
called "mothra."

-michael turner
leap@gol.com