(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone Emulator

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 02/18/02
Hi Riku & Gerrit

Riku Nakamura wrote:

>>Are you saying that the current j-phone phones won't be able to download
>>independently developed midlets? That we have to wait for the J-SH51 for
>>this?
>>

>Exactly.
>
>There is the descriotion about that.
>http://www.dp.j-phone.com/java.html
>
>A part of Font Red.
>*The downloding service of Content Aggregator is available only for a
>type of a handset with Java(TM) runntime environment and Packet
>communication.

Thanks for the more detailed information.

From the looks of the content aggregator site, this appears to be
shaping up as some kind of competition

http://jp-dev.appget.com/campaign.html

What is difficult to understand is why we should need to wait for a new
packet based phone, when we can clearly already download applets to the
existing j-phones, and just what J-Phone/Vodaphone is hoping to achieve
by forcing developers through this bottleneck.

CHEERS> SAM