(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone Emulator

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_L8Tech.com>
Date: 02/19/02
> What is difficult to understand is why we should need to wait for a new
> packet based phone, when we can clearly already download applets to the
> existing j-phones, and just what J-Phone/Vodaphone is hoping to achieve
> by forcing developers through this bottleneck.

The JSCL API underwent major changes before it was released to the
public.  The (non public) version of the JSCL API that the existing
J-Phone handsets support is quite different to the version you will find
on J-Phone's development Web site.

The new J-Phone handsets will support both the old API and the new API.
However, it is likely that existing handsets will only support the old
API.  That is one reason, there may be others!

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)