(keitai-l) Re: TIME: Deflating DoCoMo

From: wimjam <wimjam_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 02/20/02
 At least Docomo is doing one hell of an effort to hide that fact here in
Europe.
Vistited 3GSM congress (the
get-together-of-the-who-knows-and-does-what-in-wireless) and Docomo clearly
showed off (together with NEC).
They brought in their own classical band to cheer up the event and the stand
was loaded with nice looking european and Japanese hostesses.
keywords there were
i-mode/i-appli/i-area/c-mode/i-motion..../i-whatsoever....

so yes seems that Japan in the form of docomo is relying on the i-word.
Looks are great, but selling it will be another thing.

Wim

Michael Turner wrote:
At last, some relief for Juergen: this story is dated
February 25th. After so much news from the
distant past, finally some news from the future.

Things are pretty weird when you have stories
talking about how Japan is depending on i-mode
propagating abroad to salve its bruised national
prestige.

-m