(keitai-l) in the drink

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/21/02
An apparently dependable source of handset churn,
at least until the waterproofs come along:

My own stats: one lost on a sweaty Tokyo afternoon
when I stopped to pat some fountain water onto my
face; a second one in the toilet.  Both from my
shirt pocket, of course.  I guess I need to just hang it
around my neck, and simply endure the commodity-
fetishist stigma.  "Keitai Pride" t-shirt optional.

Nice to know that 600,000 brits are as careless as I am.

(But 400,000 dropped them in their drinks?  Must've
been some pretty shocking gossip, or some pretty
stiff drinks.)

-m