(keitai-l) Re: GIFs & Unisys

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 03/01/02
there are some server side tools that are licenced to produce GIFs, eg
Generator from macromedia (since discontinued tho I believe). Anyone else
know tools like that? It was quite useful - apart from dynamic flash, for
just template driven realtime bitmaps.

you could theoretically setup a script to pipe your dynamic RGB graphics
thru photoshop to clean the license :)

I've seen GIF licenses be the super ugly front page on an imode site (some
official greeting card site). turn off. Unisys really are setting out to
show by example what a pain patent encumbered technology can be >> PNG,
eggvorbis roll on.

/dc