(keitai-l) Re: [link] wireless spam.

From: Tanya Clark <tclark_at_gol.com>
Date: 03/03/02
As a generally silent observer of this list I tend to let
the more technical spats, diversions and analysis slide
past. The two observations below bemuse me, however.
Journalists, even researchers and consultants, may be
decidedly "uncool" in the annals of mobile geekdom, but I
detect a certain "tinge" creeping into a discussion where
such esteemed souls as Curt and Juergen wonder as to the
earning power of these "alternative" professions.
After all, it is the journalists who will provide much of
the content as the keitai evolves into something more than a
cute display for cartoon characters and snappy tunes. And it
is the researchers and consultants who will help take the
technology into mass markets far beyond these 'toons and
tunes. Well, at least, some of us strive on in the hope this
will be so.

Tanya Clark