(keitai-l) Re: 3G services - Any close encounters of the third kind yet?

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 03/04/02
Marc,

We have the FOMA handsets on our office.  I don't own one,
but on occasion I will take one out and play around with it.
My first impressions were, uck, and this cost how much?

Two quick comments:
1.  Persistent connection along the chuo-line was abominably
slow or nonexistent.  You think NTT would make sure the chou
line had good foma coverage.

2.  Video downloads-this is a problem with any content.
Watching video on the phone is impressive, but there is
nothing I have been able to find that is worth paying for.

I wonder if other people, especially FOMA owners, have had
more positive experiences.

Christian