(keitai-l) Re: 3G services - Any close encounters of the third kind yet?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/04/02
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Christian Molstrom wrote:

> I wonder if other people, especially FOMA owners, have had
> more positive experiences.

Uh..."What FOMA owners?"

I'd be really interested to know how many FOMA phones have been
sold to consumers, as opposed to developers. Or just nooper.co.jp,
for that matter.

Oh, wait! I did see one guy the other day, on the platform of
Shibuya-eki, with a FOMA phone in his left-hand back pocket. He
was listing quite heavily to that side, which is why I initially
noticed him. Hey narrowly avoided falling on to the tracks.

Anyway, in the spirit of getting American movie stars to do promos
in Japan, I propose Ren and Stimpy to do the next FOMA advertisement:

    It's FOMA, it's FOMA, it's FOMA,
    It's big, it's hard it's wood;
    It's FOMA, it's FOMA, it's FOMA,
    It's better than bad it's good.

    What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs;
    What's better to have than a date?
    What's great for a snack and fits on your back,
    It's better than log, it's great!

cjs