(keitai-l) Re: the bars are in the code

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 03/04/02
I'm not a big fan of this approach, but in answer to
an objection of Tim Romero's, what it has going for
it is this: it's a relatively fuss-free computer-readable
output mode that all phones (with graphic displays)
are automatically compatible with.  And, of course,
that's where keitai-as-barcode-*reader* (my hobby
horse) is weak: handset manufacturers have to be
convinced that it's a worthwhile feature.

I wonder if the mentioned unit infringes Zinza's
patent?  (Of course, I have to wonder if Zinza
even really has a patent.)

-michael turner
leap@gol.com