(keitai-l) Re: Wireless Watch No. 46 (from J@pan Inc magazine) 03/04/2002 [editors@japaninc.com]

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/05/02
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Sam Joseph wrote:

> I wonder if Docomo ever considered a home grown approach, i-ruby perhaps?

Well, Ruby certainly doesn't have the security infrastructure that
Java does. In fact, I know of nothing else that does. Java is really
the only way to go if you want to be shoving code (as opposed to
data) around and also want to make sure it won't do something nasty.

It seems to me sensible to import technology when it's better than
anything you've got. And using Java doesn't give the Americans any
advantage at all, unless you decide you don't want to train your
own Java coders.

cjs